Certified EPSOM Salt, magnesium sulfate, Mg0 content: 16% = MgSO4: 49%
The name epsom salt (also known as bitter salt or magnesium sulfate ) comes from a town located in England. It was in Epsom that the evaporation of magnesium sulfate (MgSO4) was initiated from mineral water sources. The obtained pure compound of sulfur and magnesium has found wide application in medicine and cosmetics.
Epsom resembles ordinary table salt in its structure and color. It has a neutral pH and is odorless, but has a characteristic bitter aftertaste. Epsom salt contains not less than 9.7% pure magnesium and 12.9% pure sulfur. Due to the fact that both elements are of great importance for the proper functioning of the body, regular use of magnesium sulfate brings many benefits. Treatments with the use of Epsom salts are very popular in the USA, and recently it is also getting louder in Poland.
Source of sulfur and magnesium
Most of the population suffers from magnesium deficiency, while it is one of the most valuable elements found in nature. Thanks to our research, we know that magnesium sulfate is best absorbed through the skin, not through the digestive tract. Epsom salt bath will quickly fill up the deficiencies and in the long run will bring noticeable health effects. Interestingly, bitter salt has only beneficial properties. It has a relaxing, soothing and cleansing effect, heals wounds and diseases, increases immunity and endurance, and brings an overall improvement in the functioning of the human body.
Advantages and properties of EPSOM salt
- Relieves constipation - This is probably the best known use of Epsom salts. Given as a solution, it acts as a laxative, and in smaller doses stimulates the secretion of digestive glands and is a cholagogue.
- Relaxes, fights stress - Magnesium contained in Epsom salt has a calming effect on the nervous system and increases the production of serotonin. Thus, a person feels relaxed and more energetic. By bathing in Epsom salt three times a week, you can notice a huge difference in your well-being and appearance. It is worth mentioning that magnesium improves the quality of sleep and lowers blood pressure.
- Relieves muscle pain and cramps - Epsom salt soothes not only tension, but also many types of pain (including muscles, joints, spine, post-traumatic pain and migraines). Magnesium sulfate relieves inflammation and also eliminates the problem of tired legs and bothersome muscle spasms. The proper functioning of muscles, nerves and enzymes is possible, among others due to magnesium's electrolyte balance.
- Eliminates toxins - Epsom salt contains sulfates that cleanse the body of heavy metals and other types of toxins. Due to the fact that our skin is porous, bathing with the addition of Epsom salt causes reverse osmosis - this way harmful substances can get out of the body.
- It improves skin condition - Bitter salt softens, exfoliates and smoothes the skin, as well as accelerates wound healing and irritation. Under its influence, swelling and bruising are significantly reduced. Epsom salt helps in the treatment of ringworm, acne and psoriasis.
- Prevents disease - Magnesium sulfate is involved in the processing of insulin and makes it better absorbed by the body. Therefore, Epsom salt reduces the risk of developing diabetes and also prevents the disease from getting worse. MgSO4 also improves cardiovascular function. By taking Epsom salt baths, we protect the elasticity of the arteries, and also reduce the risk of strokes, blood clots and heart disease.
Ways to use Epsom salt
- Relaxing and soothing brine bath
Just add 2 glasses of salt to the tub, wait until it dissolves and enter the water for 15-20 minutes.
- Epsom salt compresses
Salt compresses effectively soothe burns, swelling, dislocations, bites and all other pains and swelling. Are you wondering how to do them? Dissolve 2 cups of Epsom salt in warm water, then soak gauze in it and put the compress on the problematic place.
Dissolve 1 tablespoon of bitter salt in a glass of water anddrink the resulting mixture.
- Face care with epsom salt
Using Epsom salt, you can prepare a scrub (mixing half a teaspoon of salt with cream), as well as homemade cream (3 teaspoons of salt + 1 teaspoon of distilled water, heat the whole and add it to the usual cream).
This is not the end of Epsom salt applications. There are many other variants, including a special brine for soaking the feet, a whole body scrub, a mixture for removing varnish from the hair, or a mixture to increase the volume of the hairstyle. The Internet is full of various recipes for the creative use of Epsom salt. Try them out for yourself!
Epsom salt - available and effective. Where to buy Epsom salt?
We recommend buying Epsom salt in our store. Only the purchase from reliable sources ensures the high quality of bitter table salt , thus we gain a guarantee of its effectiveness. In pharmacies, this compound is available as an injection solution or crystalline substances, packed in small, single-dose doses.
Black English salt can be used orally, but its beneficial effects on skin and hair have also been known for years. Epsom bitter salt copes well with acne, mainly due to the sulfur content. It relieves tension, reduces inflammation and cleanses the skin. English salt is also an excellent remedy for oily scalp or seborrheic dermatitis. You can prepare masks from this substance and apply them directly to the hair and scalp or rinses. Thanks to these treatments our hair will be shiny, healthy and their condition will definitely improve. The treatment will also calm the sebaceous glands.
Opinions on bitter table salt
Epsom bitter salt is universally used in cosmetics as well as medicine and health prophylaxis. Opinions on this relationship of sulfur and magnesium are most positive. Virtually all who have ever encountered bitter table salt emphasize its mild laxative effect, and thus cleansing our body of toxins and deposits that can cause many diseases and ailments. Epsom salt will make our metabolism fast and effective, which will significantly affect our weight and vitality. We all want to be fit, enjoy good health, so it's worth trying to enjoy the benefits of using Epsom salt every day.
Another positive opinion concerns the wide use of magnesium sulfide in cosmetics and body care. We have already written about the great effects of fighting acne and oily hair. Epsom salt has also been used as an excellent body scrub. Just mix a handful of bitter salt with olive oil or coconut oil and use, for example, in the shower. Such treatment definitely improves blood circulation, reduces cellulite and has a relaxing effect. You can prepare a face scrub in a similar way.
You can also find reviews on the effectiveness of Epsom salts in removing joint pain, headache and general fatigue. This substance makes it easier to fall asleep. A bath with a few flat spoons of Epsom salt in the evening will make you fall asleep relaxed and your sleep will be restful.
We can multiply the positive feedback on bitter salt . Let's replace the next ones. It is an effective way for tired and swollen legs, especially during high temperatures. Just a few tablespoons of Epsom salt and water can do wonders. A similar procedure involving salt from Epsom is also used for bruises and cuts. One cannot forget that it is also an effective disinfectant.
Not only our health - but also the health of our plants
Epsom salt is also a natural pesticide, which will provide our plants in the garden with intense growth and additionally acts as a deterrent to insects and snails, destroying crops. The main thing is that the use of magnesium sulfate will certainly not hurt us. The use of English salt in the right proportions fertilizes the soil, eliminates the browning of conifers, makes our plants receive all the most necessary ingredients.
- Amazing properties of Epsom salt
- Health benefits of Epsom salt baths
- 13 wonderful ways to use Epsom salt
EPSOM salt / Magnesium sulfate
(click below for prgo to the product page)